The Ministry of Defense has received a significant donation from the City of Refuge Church in support of the Congolese army.
On November 6, 2025, the National Assembly of the Democratic Republic of Congo hosted the official handover of 200 million Congolese Francs (approximately 71,000 US dollars) donated by the City of Refuge Church, led by Prophet Mulindwa Jules, to the Ministry of Defense.
This contribution was made in support of the Congolese Armed Forces (FARDC) during a period when national security remains under threat.
The Delegate Minister of Defense in charge of former combatants, Mr. Eliezer Ntambwe Mposhi, represented the Vice Prime Minister and Minister of National Defense, Guy Kabombo Muadiamvita, at this symbolic ceremony held at Parliament.
According to Jean-Claude Tshilumbayi, the Acting President of the National Assembly, this generous gesture by Prophet Mulindwa Jules and his congregation is a sign of love and solidarity toward the people in Eastern Congo, who continue to suffer from the hardships of war.
“This check of 200 million Congolese Francs, offered by the Pentecostal Church Light of the World (Église Pentecôtiste Lumière du Monde), responds to the Head of State’s call for support to the FARDC. It is a gesture of love towards our compatriots in the East, victims of repeated attacks by Rwandan troops,” said Mr. Tshilumbayi during the ceremony.
With visible gratitude, the delegate minister for Former Combatants expressed his appreciation to Prophet Mulindwa Jules, spiritual leader of the City of Refuge Church, and to all the faithful who contributed to this initiative.
He also extended his thanks to the national representatives who participated in the event.
“The patriotic spirit shown by this man of God and his church deserves to be encouraged. This support is precious to our armed forces, especially at a time when every contribution counts,” he said, while thanking Parliament for its support.
After the official handover at Parliament, Mr. Ntambwe Mposhi visited the office of Vice Prime Minister Guy Kabombo to personally present the church’s contribution to the ongoing national defense efforts.
As a reminder, Prophet Mulindwa Jules, visionary and spiritual leader of the City of Refuge Church, had earlier called for a nationwide Peace March on April 20, 2025, to support national institutions and the soldiers defending the country’s territorial integrity.
On that day, believers from all City of Refuge branches, dressed in white as a symbol of peace, marched through various boulevards singing for peace.
It was also on that same day that the check was first presented to Honorable Jean-Claude Tshilumbayi, then Vice President of the National Assembly.
This initiative once again demonstrates the church’s commitment to peace and national unity in the DRC.


